Food Bank Assistant
Position Type: Canada Summer Jobs funded 8-week placement
Position Number: One
Reports To: Business Operations Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pay: $14.25 per hour
Purpose of Position:
Food Bank Assistant provides support to clients accessing the food bank. The Food Bank Assistant needs to provide professional, friendly, knowledgeable service to all who enter the Hope Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Client Intake Support with completing intake for food bank clients using Link2Feed program and uncover any additional needs clients may have
- Pack food orders to ensure adequate supply on hand
- Organize and sort incoming food donations
- Organize food storage areas.
- Stock shelves in the food bank.
- Date checking products in the food bank.
- Assist in receiving food in food bank – deliveries and donations.
- Complete all required records, including intake/outgoing weights
- Housekeeping tasks in food bank – wiping shelves, sweeping floors, as needed
- Assist the Food Security Coordinator with vegetable gardens.
- Support food bank and kitchen with administrative tasks, as needed
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained for our clients
- Must adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Required:
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs – to qualify applicants need to be 15 to 30 years of age.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Ability to operate in a busy environment with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Active listening skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and remain adaptable/ flexible.
- Ability to function in a team setting.
- Strong computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
If you are interested send your Resume and Cover Letter by September 24th, 2021 to email@example.com