COVID-19 Precautions and Service Delivery Update
The Hope Centre takes the health and safety of clients, volunteers, and staff very seriously.
In the wake of the continued spread of Covid-19, we have made the decision to avoid situations that create large gatherings of people. For that reason, effective March 13, 2020, our community lunch will be take-out only and our food security access will be provided through pre-packaged hampers until further notice and our food bank.
We have continued to monitor the unfolding situations and have made the necessary modifications to service delivery at the centre:
Food Bank Access
Prepackaged food hampers will be prepared in advance for individuals and families based on family size. They will be distributed through our food pick up/ drop off window located on the north side of the building. Food bank hours have not changed.
Lunches will be provided in a packaged take-out form and will be distributed through the takeout window located on the south side of the building.
We will be limiting access to The Hope Centre building to staff only and are asking volunteers to take pause at this time.
The Hope Centre is available by phone: 905-788-0744 and email: email@example.com. We will provide updates as they occur through social media and via our website.
Health Canada provides the following recommendations to reduce the risk of infection:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- when coughing or sneezing:
cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards
avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- clean high touch surfaces frequently with regular household cleaners.
- Social distancing – when in crowded settings, people should practice personal protective measures
The Hope Centre will continue to monitor the outbreak of Covid-19 and will adjust our procedures as appropriate.
Please see the following information to take the necessary steps to stay healthy and well: